-   -   How do I make Excel drop-down list values editable? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168756-how-do-i-make-excel-drop-down-list-values-editable.html)

Mann

How do I make Excel drop-down list values editable?

I have successfully created a drop-down list in a excel worksheet. One of
the values in the list is 'Miscellaneous'. If a user selects this option, I
would them to be able to type in additional information in that cell. For
example, they could type in 'Miscellaneous (New funds)'. Currently when I
try this, I get error message "A user has restricted values that can be
entered into this cell".

Peo Sjoblom

How do I make Excel drop-down list values editable?

Make sure you remove any error alert check marks when you apply the
validation

Peo Sjoblom