-   -   Tallying Letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168745-tallying-letters.html)

John Wright OCC

Tallying Letters

I have a column that has Y's and N's in it, I need to tally the number of Y's
in the column. Is there a function or some other option for doing this?

Don Guillett

Tallying Letters

look in the help index for COUNTIF or SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"John Wright OCC" <John Wright
wrote in
message ...
I have a column that has Y's and N's in it, I need to tally the number of
Y's
in the column. Is there a function or some other option for doing this?

Mike H

Tallying Letters

Hi,

Maybe this:-