-   -   Find first cell in a row not equal to (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168435-find-first-cell-row-not-equal.html)

John

Find first cell in a row not equal to

I have a spreadsheet that outlines performance to date by month. The months
are listed across a row (D31-031) with text based indicators three rows
beneath (D34-O34). This cells in row 34 are not null as they have a formula.
The formula returns "" if no data has been input for that month (rows 32 and
33).

At the far right of this I have an "Overall Status" cell (P32) that I want
to return the indicator in the most recent month containing data. I see many
array forumla solutions for numeric based questions like mine but nothing for
text. Any help out there?

zdjb
Thanks in advance.

T. Valko

Find first cell in a row not equal to

This will return the *last* entry (text or numeric) in the range and
excludes formula balnks (""):

=LOOKUP(2,1/(D34:O34<""),D34:O34)

For the *last TEXT* excluding formula blanks:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(ISTEXT(D34:O34))/(D34:O34<""),D34:O34)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John" wrote in message
[...]

[...]