-   -   Summarising Timesheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168425-summarising-timesheets.html)

Jayjay

Summarising Timesheets

Hi All,

I'm trying to summarise timesheets in a spreadsheet, but having trouble in a
few areas.

We work on flexible time, therefore at the end of the month a timesheet
could have a positive or negative total. These totals need to be carried
forward to the next timesheet so that the person can 'catch up' or go home
early, etc...

I understand that Excel cannot cope with a negative time - any ideas?...

Thank you in advance.

Jayjay

(NB: It would be ok to convert time to decimal, etc as this can be hidden.)

Mike Rogers[_2_]

Summarising Timesheets

Jayjay

You can change your date system to 1904 and it will recognize negative times.
GototoolsoptionsCalculation tab and check 1904 date system.

Be careful with this setting, it will affect other open workbooks.

Mike Rogers