-   -   Formula question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168307-formula-question.html)

Sarah

Formula question

I have two columns, one with a list of test cases (most are duplicated) and
one with whether it passed or failed. In order to gauge whether the next
level of testing has passed, all instances of a test case must pass. So,
what I'm needing is a formula that will look at the data and say something
like "if all cells in column E are Pass where column D contains certain text,
then Pass, if not, Fail", but I don't know how to write that formula. Any
ideas?

Bob Phillips

Formula question

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(D2:D200="certain text"),--(E2:E200="pass")) =
COUNTIF(D2:D200,"certain text"),"pass","Fail")

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Sarah" wrote in message
I have two columns, one with a list of test cases (most are duplicated) and
one with whether it passed or failed. In order to gauge whether the next
level of testing has passed, all instances of a test case must pass. So,
what I'm needing is a formula that will look at the data and say something
like "if all cells in column E are Pass where column D contains certain
text,
then Pass, if not, Fail", but I don't know how to write that formula. Any
ideas?

Sarah

Formula question

I think it did! Thanks!