-   -   Help w/ alternate to Countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168257-help-w-alternate-countif.html)

[email protected]

Help w/ alternate to Countif

Formula below is pretty basic, however the problem I'm running into is
that the WB that the formula is pulling from is closed more often than
not. Is there anyone that can provide me a bit of help w/ a formula
that accomplishes the same thing w/ the target WB being closed?

=COUNTIF('C:\Test\Test\Reports\[Test.xls]November 2007'!$N$2:$N
$1000,"=8:00 PM")

T. Valko

Help w/ alternate to Countif

Use SUMPRODUCT:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('C:\Test\Test\Reports\[Test.xls]November
2007'!$N$2:$N$1000=TIME(20,0,0)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message

Formula below is pretty basic, however the problem I'm running into is
that the WB that the formula is pulling from is closed more often than
not. Is there anyone that can provide me a bit of help w/ a formula
that accomplishes the same thing w/ the target WB being closed?

=COUNTIF('C:\Test\Test\Reports\[Test.xls]November 2007'!$N$2:$N
$1000,"=8:00 PM")- Hide quoted text -

Wonderful, thank you very much.

T. Valko

Help w/ alternate to Countif