-   -   Sum of Different Ranges Keeping Results In Sequential Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168094-sum-different-ranges-keeping-results-sequential-columns.html)

CONCLA2

Sum of Different Ranges Keeping Results In Sequential Columns

This is what I'm trying to do:

=Sum(A1:D1) with the result being in A5 - Now I want to copy or drag, so I
don't have to keep retyping, the formula in A5 to B5 with results being
=Sum(E1:H1)

This way I can see all the sumed ranges without having to scroll over.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Teethless mama

Sum of Different Ranges Keeping Results In Sequential Columns

In A5: =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,0,(COLUMN()-1)*4,1,4))
copy across

"CONCLA2" wrote:

This is what I'm trying to do:

=Sum(A1:D1) with the result being in A5 - Now I want to copy or drag, so I
don't have to keep retyping, the formula in A5 to B5 with results being
=Sum(E1:H1)

This way I can see all the sumed ranges without having to scroll over.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

RagDyeR

Sum of Different Ranges Keeping Results In Sequential Columns

Non-volatile approach:

=SUM(INDEX($1:$1,4*COLUMNS($A:A)-3):INDEX($1:$1,COLUMNS($A:A)*4))

..And copy across as needed.
--

HTH,

RD