-   -   adapt macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16802-adapt-macro.html)

monty

adapt macro

If I have the following macro running in worksheet 1.
This will generate a numeric value starting with 1

Option Explicit
Sub RCA()

ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Range("A1").Value = "" Then
Range("A1").Value = InputBox("Enter starting
value")
Else
Range("A1").SpecialCells
(xlCellTypeLastCell).Offset(1, 0).Value =
Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("A:A")) + 1

How can I adapt this macro to run in worksheet 2 & 3. If
I want worksheet 2 to start with PCI1 then PCI2 and so on
and then I want worksheet 3 to start with PCICR1 then
PCICR2.

Thanks

Monty

Bob Phillips

Try something like

Sub RCA(sh as worksheet)

With sh
.UsedRange
If .Range("A1").Value = "" Then
.Range("A1").Value = InputBox("Enter starting value")
Else
.Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Offs et(1, 0).Value
= _
Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(.Range("A:A")) + 1
End If
End With
End Sub

and use like so

RCA Activesheet
RCA Worksheets("Sheet2")
RCA Worksheets("Sheet3")

--

HTH

RP

"monty" wrote in message
If I have the following macro running in worksheet 1.
This will generate a numeric value starting with 1

Option Explicit
Sub RCA()

ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Range("A1").Value = "" Then
Range("A1").Value = InputBox("Enter starting
value")
Else
Range("A1").SpecialCells
(xlCellTypeLastCell).Offset(1, 0).Value =
Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("A:A")) + 1

How can I adapt this macro to run in worksheet 2 & 3. If
I want worksheet 2 to start with PCI1 then PCI2 and so on
and then I want worksheet 3 to start with PCICR1 then
PCICR2.

Thanks

Monty

Monty

Soz

When i insert this as a module and i go to run as macro
nothing appears. i suppose i'm doing something incorrect
can you please help.

Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(.Range

("A:A")) + 1
End If
End With
End Sub

and use like so

RCA Activesheet
RCA Worksheets("Sheet2")
RCA Worksheets("Sheet3")

--

HTH

RP

"monty" wrote in

message
If I have the following macro running in worksheet 1.
This will generate a numeric value starting with 1

Option Explicit
Sub RCA()

ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Range("A1").Value = "" Then
Range("A1").Value = InputBox("Enter starting
value")
Else
Range("A1").SpecialCells
(xlCellTypeLastCell).Offset(1, 0).Value =
Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("A:A")) + 1

How can I adapt this macro to run in worksheet 2 & 3.

If
I want worksheet 2 to start with PCI1 then PCI2 and so

on
and then I want worksheet 3 to start with PCICR1 then
PCICR2.

Thanks

Monty

.

Bob Phillips

A little difficult from afar.

A bit of detail as to what your final code looks like and what happens might
help.

--

HTH

RP

"Monty" wrote in message
Soz

When i insert this as a module and i go to run as macro
nothing appears. i suppose i'm doing something incorrect
can you please help.

Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(.Range

("A:A")) + 1
End If
End With
End Sub