Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using COUNTIF to count based on multiple cell criteria.

Hi, I have the following sample data

I have data identifing (1) the description of a document issued (column
ranged named SI_DES) and (2) the date it was issued (Column range called
ISSUED).

I am able to use the COUNTIF function to count the number of times the term
"OSH" occurs in the description to determine the number of OSH documents are
identified in the total list. - The formula I use is
=COUNTIF(SI_DES,"*OSH*").

I am also able to count the number of if times any given document is issued
per month - The formula I use is
=(COUNTIF(ISSUED,"=3/1/07")-COUNTIF(ISSUED,"3/31/07"))

What I am having troble with is counting the number of OSH documents that
are issued in a given month. I am having troble combing the two formulas
above to generate to answer. If any one can help, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks