-   -   How can I remove extra characters from a list- phone numbers in ex (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/167696-how-can-i-remove-extra-characters-list-phone-numbers-ex.html)

Sarah HK

How can I remove extra characters from a list- phone numbers in ex

I have a long list of phone numbers that I need formatted as just numbers,
with no characters or spaces? Is there a formula for this?

Pete_UK

How can I remove extra characters from a list- phone numbers inex

I think you might find it easier to apply Find & Replace (CTRL-H) a
few times - highlight the column with the phone numbers in, then CTRL-
H, and:

Find What: (
Replace with: leave blank
Click Replace All.

Then CTRL-H again:

Find What: )
Replace with: leave blank
Click Replace All.

And again:

Find What: <space
Replace with: leave blank
Click Replace All.

And so on, until you have removed all the characters you want to.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 28, 3:51 pm, Sarah HK <Sarah
wrote:
I have a long list of phone numbers that I need formatted as just numbers,
with no characters or spaces? Is there a formula for this?

Teethless mama

How can I remove extra characters from a list- phone numbers in ex

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"( ",""),")","")," ",""),"-","")