-   -   Scatter Plot Point Labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/167428-scatter-plot-point-labels.html)

Dallas

Scatter Plot Point Labels

Hello, I would like to make a scatterplot with X and Y parings and a name for
each of the points that it creates. I have set up the data as such:
X Y Label
12 34 Fall
13 37 Spring
5 15 Summer
6 15 Late Summer
10 50 Winter
12 50 Equinox

I can manually select each one and force the name to each point that is
created by the paring. How can I make it so that the "label" in each row
only applies to that point for the scatter plot without manually making 6
series in this example?
Thanks

Bernard Liengme

Scatter Plot Point Labels

Excel chart label
Rob Bovey's Chart Labeller, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
Tushar's Hover Chart Label utility:
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...bel/index.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dallas" wrote in message
Hello, I would like to make a scatterplot with X and Y parings and a name
for
each of the points that it creates. I have set up the data as such:
X Y Label
12 34 Fall
13 37 Spring
5 15 Summer
6 15 Late Summer
10 50 Winter
12 50 Equinox

I can manually select each one and force the name to each point that is
created by the paring. How can I make it so that the "label" in each row
only applies to that point for the scatter plot without manually making 6
series in this example?
Thanks

[email protected]

Scatter Plot Point Labels

"Dallas" wrote in message

Hello, I would like to make a scatterplot with X and Y parings and a name
for
each of the points that it creates. I have set up the data as such:
X Y Label
12 34 Fall
13 37 Spring
5 15 Summer
6 15 Late Summer
10 50 Winter
12 50 Equinox

I can manually select each one and force the name to each point that is
created by the paring. How can I make it so that the "label" in each row
only applies to that point for the scatter plot without manually making 6
series in this example?
Thanks

My students run into this problem so often, I wrote an Excel add-in
that does it automatically.
You can download the add-in from my website at
http://faculty.fuqua.duke.edu/~kamakura/bio/index.htm .

Simply highlight the range you wan to plot (making sure that the first
column contains the labels, the second and third columns contain the
XY coordinates) and use Tools/Scatter Plot with Labels, and you'll get
the chart you want.