-   -   active cell address with worksheet function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/167333-active-cell-address-worksheet-function.html)

Stefi

active cell address with worksheet function

Hi All,

I know how to retrieve active cell address with a VBA UDF. My question is
that is there any way to define it with some worksheet function?

Thanks,
Stefi

Bernie Deitrick

active cell address with worksheet function

Stefi,

=CELL("Address")

but this requires a recalc to update when the selection changes.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I know how to retrieve active cell address with a VBA UDF. My question is
that is there any way to define it with some worksheet function?

Thanks,
Stefi

Stefi

active cell address with worksheet function

Thanks Bernie, this is the very solution I was looking for! Meanwhile I found
out that =CELL("Row") etc. works in the same way.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Bernie Deitrick€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I know how to retrieve active cell address with a VBA UDF. My question is
that is there any way to define it with some worksheet function?

Thanks,
Stefi

Stefi

active cell address with worksheet function

I found a very annoying bug in my national language (Hungarian) version
(XL2003):
CELL and "Colunm" IS translated into their Hungarian equivalents (CELLA and
"oszlop"), but "Address" and "Row" are NOT, so I have to use a language
mixtu

=CELLA("Address")
=CELLA("Row")

in English form, but
=CELLA("Oszlop")
in Hungarian form.

I'd appreciate more consistency from Microsoft!

Stefi

€˛Stefi€¯ ezt Ć*rta: