-   -   Count Rows with two criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16728-count-rows-two-criteria.html)

Eli Waite

Count Rows with two criteria

I have info in Column A and B that goes for about 20,000 rows. I want Excel
to tell me how many occurances there are in Column A of "THIS" if Column B is
equal to "THAT" Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Dave R.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html#new

"Eli Waite" <Eli wrote in message
I have info in Column A and B that goes for about 20,000 rows. I want

Excel
to tell me how many occurances there are in Column A of "THIS" if Column B

is
equal to "THAT" Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Eli Waite

Got it. Thanks for your help. I just had to realize that I could not do a D:D
(select the entire column), I actually had to pick the cells for the criteria
to search.

"Dave R." wrote:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html#new

"Eli Waite" <Eli wrote in message
I have info in Column A and B that goes for about 20,000 rows. I want

Excel
to tell me how many occurances there are in Column A of "THIS" if Column B

is
equal to "THAT" Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Bob Phillips

It does mention that on that page.

--