-   -   FILTER (REPEATED NUMBERS) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/167236-filter-repeated-numbers.html)

M. Farooq

FILTER (REPEATED NUMBERS)

dear Sir,

kindly clarify me that the same numbers with different descriptions,
quantities and unit prices, i want keep dat's one ref number with other
data's any one.
like
1701012 HOUSING REAR 3
1701012 HOUSING REAR part 4
1701012 HOUSING REAR 2
1701012 HOUSING REAR p 5

i need to make like this
1701012 housing 14

please help me to learn more about this function.

Max

FILTER (REPEATED NUMBERS)

One way

Source data assumed in cols A to C, from row2 down
Inputs in E2:F2 : 1701012, housing

In G2:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$500=E2)*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(F2,$ B$2:$B$500))),$C$2:$C$500)
--
Max
Singapore