-   -   CELL return value without double quotation marks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/166117-cell-return-value-without-double-quotation-marks.html)

Rui Gomes

CELL return value without double quotation marks

I' using a CELL function within a VLOOKUP funtion, but the returned value
came between quotation marks:
VLOOKUP(G13;CELL("contents";H5);2;FALSE)

CELL("contents";H5) contains a table range name.

How can I put the CELL returned value without the double quotation marks?

--------- " ----------
ADSE = $B$2:$E$960
CELL("contents";H5) = ADSE

I want - VLOOKUP(G13;ADSE;2;FALSE)
I get VLOOKUP(G13;"ADSE";2;FALSE)

Thank you
Best regards
Rui Gomes

T. Valko

CELL return value without double quotation marks

Try it like this:

=VLOOKUP(G13;INDIRECT(H5);2;FALSE)

I'm assuming that the named range is a *static* range.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP