-   -   Removing spaces from cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165934-removing-spaces-cells.html)

CathyD

Removing spaces from cells

I have a very large spreadsheet--like 35,000 items long including 12-digit
UPC. The problem alot of them have spaces in between the numbers. We need
to import without any spaces.

Anything built into excel to do this easily--or is it better to just buy the
add-in.

Elkar

Removing spaces from cells

A simple Find/Replace should do the trick.

Select your range of UPC numbers
From the Edit Menu, choose "Replace"
In the Find What field, type a space
In the Replace With field, leave it blank
Click on Replace All

HTH,
Elkar

"CathyD" wrote:

I have a very large spreadsheet--like 35,000 items long including 12-digit
UPC. The problem alot of them have spaces in between the numbers. We need
to import without any spaces.

Anything built into excel to do this easily--or is it better to just buy the
add-in.

Ron Rosenfeld

Removing spaces from cells

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:55:00 -0800, CathyD
wrote:

I have a very large spreadsheet--like 35,000 items long including 12-digit
UPC. The problem alot of them have spaces in between the numbers. We need
to import without any spaces.

Anything built into excel to do this easily--or is it better to just buy the
add-in.

Worksheet function:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

will give you the result in a different cell.

Or you can use the Edit/Replace <space for <nothing

--ron

Gaurav[_2_]

Removing spaces from cells

assuming your code in in A1. in B1 write =CLEAN(A1) and drag it down. you
can then copy and paste special|values.

Does that work?

"CathyD" wrote in message
I have a very large spreadsheet--like 35,000 items long including 12-digit
UPC. The problem alot of them have spaces in between the numbers. We
need
to import without any spaces.

Anything built into excel to do this easily--or is it better to just buy
the
add-in.

Peo Sjoblom

Removing spaces from cells

CLEAN will not remove spaces nor invisible html characters

Peo Sjoblom