-   -   Get logarithmic values? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165720-get-logarithmic-values.html)

Jay[_3_]

Get logarithmic values?

Hi,

Let's say I have 3 values, 9,10,12 for years 1,2 and 3. If I chart these &
add a logarithmic trendline for the next 6 years it gives me the trendline -
but what formula would give me the equivalent 6 forecast values?

Any help greatly appreciated.......Jason

Mike Middleton

Get logarithmic values?

Jay -

One source is John Walkenbach's:

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Jay" wrote in message

Let's say I have 3 values, 9,10,12 for years 1,2 and 3. If I chart these
& add a logarithmic trendline for the next 6 years it gives me the
trendline - but what formula would give me the equivalent 6 forecast
values?

Any help greatly appreciated.......Jason

Jay[_4_]

Get logarithmic values?

Thanks Mike,

I realised after posting a simple solution. I just viewed the trendline
equation which gives me 'b' and 'c' as detailed in the equation on the
j-walk site, and then it's just a simple case of a simple formula to
calculate the equation.

Thanks for the site pointer.....Regards, Jason