-   -   excel spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165624-excel-spreadsheets.html)

confused

excel spreadsheets

I need to know how to add the $500.00 to a spreadsheet called college expenses.
There are no empty cell in the spreadsheet.

Gord Dibben

excel spreadsheets

Hard to believe there are no empty cells in a workbook or worksheet.

Is this workbook a Template you downloaded from the MS Template Gallery or from
somewhere else?

Do you have a URL you could post so's we could download and have a look?

Where would you want to add the $500.00 if you did find some empty cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:19:01 -0800, confused
wrote:

I need to know how to add the $500.00 to a spreadsheet called college expenses.
There are no empty cell in the spreadsheet.

Dave Peterson

excel spreadsheets

Insert a new worksheet
or
Start a new workbook and use a cell on a worksheet in that new workbook.

--

Dave Peterson

JLatham

excel spreadsheets

Or another stab at it from a different angle. If you do have one cell next
to something labeled College Expenses, then click on the cell with the amount
and alter the formula.

If it just has a number in it like 3500, then change it to =3500+500 (or
just change it to 4000).
If it already has a formula in it such as =SUM(G4:G7) then change it to
=SUM(G4:G7)+500