-   -   Formula Subtracting Business Days (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165495-formula-subtracting-business-days.html)

Erika

Formula Subtracting Business Days

I need to create a formula that will take a date that I have listed in my
spreadsheet and subtract from it the number of business days.

For example

Date in cell A1 11/12/2007
Number of Business days to subtract in A2 12

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Formula Subtracting Business Days

I need to create a formula that will take a date that I have listed in my
spreadsheet and subtract from it the number of business days.

For example

Date in cell A1 11/12/2007
Number of Business days to subtract in A2 12

=WORKDAY(A1,-A2)

Note that this function requires the Analysis ToolPak be enabled (found at
Tools/Add-Ins on Excel's menu bar. The WORKDAY function also allows you to
account for holidays if you want (see the help files).

Rick

ryguy7272

Formula Subtracting Business Days

In Call A1:
11/12/2007

In Cell A2:
11/1/2007

In Cell A3:
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A1)

Result:
8

From Help:
NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Erika" wrote:

I need to create a formula that will take a date that I have listed in my
spreadsheet and subtract from it the number of business days.

For example

Date in cell A1 11/12/2007
Number of Business days to subtract in A2 12

Erika

Formula Subtracting Business Days

How do I get the formula to give me the result of 11/1/2007 if I have

In cell A1:
11/12/2007

In cell A2:
8

Formula result 11/1/2007

"ryguy7272" wrote:

In Call A1:
11/12/2007

In Cell A2:
11/1/2007

In Cell A3:
=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A1)

Result:
8

From Help:

"Erika" wrote:

I need to create a formula that will take a date that I have listed in my
spreadsheet and subtract from it the number of business days.

For example

Date in cell A1 11/12/2007
Number of Business days to subtract in A2 12