-   -   Unsorting after save (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165320-unsorting-after-save.html)

Angie

Unsorting after save

My co-worker sorted the "client #" column, without sorting the rest of the
worksheet; then freaked and saved it. Without having to re-enter all of our
client #s, is there ANY way for me to figure out how to get the client #s out
of their current ascending order and back to the order before the save???

I'm sure that there isn't, but I'm not ready to give up hope just yet.
Thanks for any help you can give!

Angie

Pete_UK

Unsorting after save

Do you have an older version of the file saved somewhere (a backup,
perhaps?). If so, then you could make use of a lookup between the 2
files to retrieve the correct IDs, and then maybe have only a few left
to correct manually.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 8, 7:37 pm, Angie wrote:
My co-worker sorted the "client #" column, without sorting the rest of the
worksheet; then freaked and saved it. Without having to re-enter all of our
client #s, is there ANY way for me to figure out how to get the client #s out
of their current ascending order and back to the order before the save???

I'm sure that there isn't, but I'm not ready to give up hope just yet.
Thanks for any help you can give!

Angie

Angie

Unsorting after save

Thanks Pete, that was helpful input...unfortunately, she was working from a
"one and only" file.

I think we're SOL here, pardon my language.

On Nov 8, 7:37 pm, Angie wrote:
My co-worker sorted the "client #" column, without sorting the rest of the
worksheet; then freaked and saved it. Without having to re-enter all of our
client #s, is there ANY way for me to figure out how to get the client #s out
of their current ascending order and back to the order before the save???

I'm sure that there isn't, but I'm not ready to give up hope just yet.
Thanks for any help you can give!

Angie

ilia

Unsorting after save

I would recommend a weekly backup. Get a flash drive and every Friday
make a copy before you leave.

Was there any method by which you assigned the numbers? Were they
sequential by date? If so, do you have the date the customer became
customer, so you can sort everything by that (except the number
column?)

On Nov 8, 7:37 pm, Angie wrote:
My co-worker sorted the "client #" column, without sorting the rest of the
worksheet; then freaked and saved it. Without having to re-enter all of our
client #s, is there ANY way for me to figure out how to get the client #s out
of their current ascending order and back to the order before the save???

I'm sure that there isn't, but I'm not ready to give up hope just yet.
Thanks for any help you can give!

Angie- Hide quoted text -

Angie

Unsorting after save

GUESS What?! She found an old version of this worksheet, that she e-mailed
to someone! We can fix this now!

"Angie" wrote:

My co-worker sorted the "client #" column, without sorting the rest of the
worksheet; then freaked and saved it. Without having to re-enter all of our
client #s, is there ANY way for me to figure out how to get the client #s out
of their current ascending order and back to the order before the save???

I'm sure that there isn't, but I'm not ready to give up hope just yet.
Thanks for any help you can give!

Angie

ilia

Unsorting after save

That's wonderful. You should still make her re-enter all the customer
numbers, as a punitive measure.