-   -   How can I get date of file creation to XLS cell in date format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165257-how-can-i-get-date-file-creation-xls-cell-date-format.html)

Radek Simek

How can I get date of file creation to XLS cell in date format?

I'm using Excel Standard Edition 2003 (11.5612.8132) and have following
problem. I need to get date of file creation (e.g. from Properties - file
created) to specific excel cell (in day format) of the same file. Does any
simple way (function?) exist?

Radek Simek[_2_]

How can I get date of file creation to XLS cell in date format?

Or if you know any other way how to handle this problem, feel free to mention
it.

The situation is following (in more detail): I have set of items of
different stautses (approved, in approving,...) and need to find out how many
items changed its' status from "in approving" to "approved" in last 7 days
(not from now, but from time when the report was generate). I can't use
function TODAY() as it wolud take date of today as one to copmare with. I
need somehow get the date of file creation - date when data were generated
from SAP).

Thanks for any advice.

"Radek Simek" wrote:

I'm using Excel Standard Edition 2003 (11.5612.8132) and have following
problem. I need to get date of file creation (e.g. from Properties - file
created) to specific excel cell (in day format) of the same file. Does any
simple way (function?) exist?

Gary''s Student

How can I get date of file creation to XLS cell in date format?

Try this one-line UDF:

Public Function creation_date() As String
creation_date = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
End Function

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755

"Radek Simek" wrote:

I'm using Excel Standard Edition 2003 (11.5612.8132) and have following
problem. I need to get date of file creation (e.g. from Properties - file
created) to specific excel cell (in day format) of the same file. Does any
simple way (function?) exist?

Gord Dibben

How can I get date of file creation to XLS cell in date format?

No built-in Function

Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)