-   -   How do I sort in English Date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/165176-how-do-i-sort-english-date-format.html)

Cavallet

How do I sort in English Date format

I want to sort a worksheet which has date entered in UK Format ie dd.mm.yy

Peo Sjoblom

How do I sort in English Date format

There is no difference if you use a custom format, if it is seen as text you
would need a help
column and sort by the help column

Peo Sjoblom

"Cavallet" wrote in message
I want to sort a worksheet which has date entered in UK Format ie dd.mm.yy

Niek Otten

How do I sort in English Date format

As long as they are "real" Excel dates, just sort. How they are formatted doesn't matter.
You can check for a cell being a date by formatting as General. Today, Nov 7 2007, is 39393, the number of days since 1-1-1900.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel