-   -   Cell Reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16476-cell-reference.html)

Rachel

Cell Reference

When looking up a value in a range, how do I return the cell reference
instead of the value?

Don Guillett

Use match with index instead

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rachel" wrote in message
When looking up a value in a range, how do I return the cell reference
instead of the value?

Peo Sjoblom

Not really, INDEX with MATCH will return the value. You can wrap index/match
in the cell functions like

=CELL("address",INDEX(Range,MATCH(lookup_value,Ran ge,0)))

will return the absolute address, or you can use the ADDRESS function and
MATCH

=ADDRESS(row_num,column_num)

where the row or column numbers can be replaced with match (or both)

Peo Sjoblom