Roel

Default How to search and copy cell content to another sheet?

Hi,

Let's say you have one sheet with a list of products.
Column1 = product name
Column2 = product number

I would like to have a cell on Sheet2, where I can start typing something,
and it would let me see a list based on what I typed so far.
E.g when I type "Volks" it should show a list of all Volkswagen Cars.

If I then choose the value, it should use this value and add the product
number in the cell next to it.

What function should I use, or how can I do this?

Thanks,

Roel
Jason Morin

One way:

1. Create a unique list of all product names and paste
that list in A2 of Sheet2 (let's assume it's A2:A11).
2. Select A1 and go to Data Validation.
3. Select "List" under "Allow". Under "Source" put:
=$A$2:$A$11
4. Hide rows 2-11 or custom format as ;;;
5. In B1 copy this:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)
where product names are col. A on sheet1, and product
numbers are on sheet2.

You can begin typing a name in A1 and it fill in when it
finds a match. Or, at any point, press ALT + Down Arrow
to drop down the list.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA