-   -   Formula Help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/164656-formula-help-needed.html)

Krish

Formula Help needed

I have a table containing Date of Invoice, Customer #, Sales Dollars, Sales
Rep#. Using Sumproduct I was able to extract if the same customer has
multiple transactions on the same date. I am trying to get a sum of sales
dollars for a customer if there are more than one transaction. In other
words, if there are only one transaction, it will be the same dollar amount.
How do I write a formula?

Teethless mama

Formula Help needed

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Date=--"2007-11-3"),--(Customer="John"),SalesDollars)

"Krish" wrote:

I have a table containing Date of Invoice, Customer #, Sales Dollars, Sales
Rep#. Using Sumproduct I was able to extract if the same customer has
multiple transactions on the same date. I am trying to get a sum of sales
dollars for a customer if there are more than one transaction. In other
words, if there are only one transaction, it will be the same dollar amount.
How do I write a formula?

Roger Govier[_3_]

Formula Help needed

Hi Krish

Try creating a Pivot Table. Place your cursor in your data tableDataPivot
TableFinish
On the new sheet where the PT skeleton appears,
Drag Date to the Row area
Drag Customer # to the Row area
Drag Dollar Amount to the Data area

you will now have all of your data summarised by date and dollar amount.
You could drag Date tot he Page area, select any individual date and just
see the results for that day.

--
Regards
Roger Govier