Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Returning a Value from a Table, dependant on the word Typed

Hi
I'm trying return the weight of an item into an adjacent cell, when I type
the word.
To Explain: If I have A1 and B1 as Item and Weight, then underneath those I
have Sofa, Chair, Bed etc, with the relevant weights in the B Column.

Next I have another Worksheet or the Same Worksheet, where I have Name, Item
and Weight. I want to insert automatically the Weight based on typing the
right Item (i.e. Sofa) in the cell next to the persons name.

Hope that makes sense. Can't seem to upload a sample. I may have about 100
items to access along with their weights.
Thanks