-   -   Match a cell to something in a column and return a YES (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163735-match-cell-something-column-return-yes.html)

Kathy

Match a cell to something in a column and return a YES

I have two columns -
Column A is a list of company names for folks who took training
Column B is a list of preferred companies

I want to find out if the companies in column A are on the Preferred list.

All I can think of is If the company name in column A is found in Column B -
then say Yes.

I don't even care about the no's!

Can you help?

Bob Phillips

Match a cell to something in a column and return a YES

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"Yes","")

In C2 and copy down

--
---