-   -   calculating step values between 2 numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163440-calculating-step-values-between-2-numbers.html)

ilana

calculating step values between 2 numbers

I am trying to calculate the step values between a known minimum number and a
known maxiimum numbers
Any ideas ?

Carlo

calculating step values between 2 numbers

Hi Ilana

do you know how many steps you have? or how big the steps are?
One of those Numbers is mandatory to calculate the other one!

It would be best if you could give us some example.
That way we can figure out much easier what you mean.

Carlo

"ilana" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the step values between a known minimum number and a
known maxiimum numbers
Any ideas ?

RagDyeR

calculating step values between 2 numbers

When you say "calculate", are you talking about totaling?

If you are,
with starting number in A1, and ending number in B1, and a step value of 1:

=(B1-A1+1)*(A1+B1)/2

If step value other then 1, enter it in C1, then:

=((B1-A1)/C1+1)*(A1+B1)/2

--
HTH,

RD

"ilana" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate the step values between a known minimum number

and a
known maxiimum numbers
Any ideas ?

RagDyeR

calculating step values between 2 numbers

If you're *not* talking about totaling,
And mean simply *count* the instances,
use the part of the formulas before the asterisk:

Step value of 1:
=B1-A1+1

Step value other then 1, entered in C1:
=((B1-A1)/C1+1)
--
HTH,

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
When you say "calculate", are you talking about totaling?

If you are,
with starting number in A1, and ending number in B1, and a step value of

1:

=(B1-A1+1)*(A1+B1)/2

If step value other then 1, enter it in C1, then:

=((B1-A1)/C1+1)*(A1+B1)/2

--
HTH,

RD