-   -   Returning a blank for validation list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16338-returning-blank-validation-list.html)

Wes

Returning a blank for validation list

I'm making a like for data validation that contains formulas. I'd like the
list to be of variable length. In data validation I can check Ignore blank,
but how do I ignore formulas resulting in "" (Or what should my formulas
result in, in order to be ignored.)

I don't want to be able to choose an "unavailable" option as this is the
whole point of including the data validation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Wes

Debra Dalgleish

Instead of including blank cells, you could use a dynamic range as the
list source. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish