-   -   Locking cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163369-locking-cells.html)

P. Zicari

Locking cells

Is there a way to protect a cell on a shared spreadhseet that can be locked
so no one else can change it? I am using excel 2007.
Thanks

Steph

Locking cells

Yes. You can right-click on the cell you want to protect, and choose Format
Cell. Click on the last tab, Protection, and make sure there is a check mark
next to Locked. Then you will have to protect the Sheet by going up to the
Review tab and clicking on Protect Sheet. You can customize your options and
even choose if you want to use a password.