-   -   How do I count the number of cells with blue shading in Excell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163096-how-do-i-count-number-cells-blue-shading-excell.html)

drbrow592

How do I count the number of cells with blue shading in Excell?

JE McGimpsey

How do I count the number of cells with blue shading in Excell?

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article ,
drbrow592 wrote:

Bob Phillips

How do I count the number of cells with blue shading in Excell?

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working
solution

--
---
HTH

Bob

"drbrow592" wrote in message

Gord Dibben

How do I count the number of cells with blue shading in Excell?

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA or any add-ins.

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:44:01 -0700, drbrow592