-   -   Excel: Which numbers in a column equal a certain number (withou. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16297-excel-numbers-column-equal-certain-number-withou.html)

Pax

Excel: Which numbers in a column equal a certain number (withou.

Which function tells me which numbers in a column equal a certain number?
For example:

25,000
100,000
2,000
19,000

Which of these numbers, added together, will give me the result of $121,000?

Myrna Larson

Go to Google newsgroup search and search for

combination equal number

in groups microsoft.public.excel.*

You'll find lots of hits on how to do this with Solver.