-   -   Sorting Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16280-sorting-columns.html)

JohnT

Sorting Columns

i suppose there is a simple way to do this however the
answer seems to excape me at the moment....i have a simple
spreadsheet with names across the top and totals along the
bottom....i would like to put the columns in order from
highest to lowest....i would like this to be a "live"
spreadsheet, the totals may change depending on
intermediate data....thankyou.

RagDyeR

I don't quite understand "live", but to sort your columns, select the entire
datalist.
Then, <Data <Sort
And click on "Options".
Then, click on "Sort Left To Right", then <OK,
Then choose you Total row, then <OK.
--

HTH,

RD

"JohnT" wrote in message
i suppose there is a simple way to do this however the
answer seems to excape me at the moment....i have a simple
spreadsheet with names across the top and totals along the
bottom....i would like to put the columns in order from
highest to lowest....i would like this to be a "live"
spreadsheet, the totals may change depending on
intermediate data....thankyou.

yes, that works, thankyou.
I don't quite understand "live", but to sort your

columns, select the entire
datalist.
Then, <Data <Sort
And click on "Options".
Then, click on "Sort Left To Right", then <OK,
Then choose you Total row, then <OK.
--

HTH,

RD
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all

may benefit!

"JohnT" wrote in

message
i suppose there is a simple way to do this however the
answer seems to excape me at the moment....i have a simple
spreadsheet with names across the top and totals along the
bottom....i would like to put the columns in order from
highest to lowest....i would like this to be a "live"
spreadsheet, the totals may change depending on
intermediate data....thankyou.

.

RagDyeR

Thanks for the feed-back.