-   -   how do I do this: today minus hire date equals how many years mo. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/162707-how-do-i-do-today-minus-hire-date-equals-how-many-years-mo.html)

btaylor1990

how do I do this: today minus hire date equals how many years mo.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that calculates how many
years/months/days someone has worked with the company. When I use
=today()-the hire date , it adds a month onto it and the days are wrong.

Gary''s Student

how do I do this: today minus hire date equals how many years mo.

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"ym") & " months,
" & DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md") & " days"

be careful of the wrapping
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750