Malcolm Austin

Default DAY FUNCTION

I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a worksheet function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

Roger Govier

Hi Malcolm

In A1 enter 28/02/05 (or any other calendar date that is a Monday) and
format the cell Custom=ddd.
This will show as Monday
Then, in B1 enter =A1+1 having formatted the cell in the same way.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a worksheet
function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

Rob

Malcolm,

If you have entered a Monday date in cell A1 and formatted to show just the
day by using custom format then =A1+1 will return Tuesday. To format chose
Format menu, Cells..., Number tab, Custom (last option) then type in dddd.

Hope this helps, Rob

"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a worksheet
function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

Biff

Hi!

In A1 enter Monday
In B1 enter Tuesday

Select both A1 and B1. "Grab" the fill handle and copy
across!

Biff

I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on

this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a

worksheet function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I

write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

.

RagDyeR

So , the question is STILL ... why key in Tuesday before you drag to
autofill?<g

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
He asked for a day, not date

Bob

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

In A1 enter Monday
In B1 enter Tuesday

Select both A1 and B1. "Grab" the fill handle and copy
across!

Biff

I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on

this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a

worksheet function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I

write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:23:37 GMT, "Malcolm Austin"
wrote:

I know I'm going to kick myself when I get the reply on this, but...

How do I get a day (Monday) to update to Tuesday with a worksheet function.

If I have Monday in A1, and want Tuesday in B1, what do I write? A1+1
doesn't seem to
work and I don't see a format just for days?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Malcolm

You did specify a function in B1:

=CHOOSE(MATCH(A1,{"Monday";"Tuesday";"Wednesday";" Thursday";"Friday";"Saturday";"Sunday"},0),
"Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturda y","Sunday","Monday")

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:32:20 +0530, "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

just drag by the fill handle(i.e right bottom of the cell when cursor
becomes +)

As I wrote, the OP wanted a "worksheet function". I do not consider the fill
process, which had been mentioned previously, to be a "worksheet function".

--ron