-   -   Diagonal and upwards transposing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/162481-diagonal-upwards-transposing.html)

morlo

Diagonal and upwards transposing

Hi

I am trying to do a look up of sorts onto a large table of mortality rates
and essentially want to transpose what I have in one table so I get the
following in another (example given based on a 4x4 square):

A4 A3 A2 A1
B5 B4 B3 B2
C6 C5 C4 C3
D7 D6 D5 D4
etc...

Does anyone have any ideas as to the simplest way to go about this?

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Diagonal and upwards transposing

Source data assumed within A1:D7

In any starting cell, say in F9:
=OFFSET($A$1,ROWS($1:1)-COLUMNS($A:A)+3,ROWS($1:1)-1)
Copy F9 across/fill down to I12 to populate a 4 x 4

F9:I12 will return the contents of the cells in the desired manner:

A4 A3 A2 A1
B5 B4 B3 B2
C6 C5 C4 C3
D7 D6 D5 D4

--
Max
Singapore
"morlo" wrote:
Hi

I am trying to do a look up of sorts onto a large table of mortality rates
and essentially want to transpose what I have in one table so I get the
following in another (example given based on a 4x4 square):

A4 A3 A2 A1
B5 B4 B3 B2
C6 C5 C4 C3
D7 D6 D5 D4
etc...

Does anyone have any ideas as to the simplest way to go about this?

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

morlo

Diagonal and upwards transposing

Fantastic - thanks so much!

"morlo" wrote:
Hi

I am trying to do a look up of sorts onto a large table of mortality rates
and essentially want to transpose what I have in one table so I get the
following in another (example given based on a 4x4 square):

A4 A3 A2 A1
B5 B4 B3 B2
C6 C5 C4 C3
D7 D6 D5 D4
etc...

Does anyone have any ideas as to the simplest way to go about this?

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Diagonal and upwards transposing