-   -   Restricting Access to Parts of worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/162168-restricting-access-parts-worksheet.html)

confused from Ireland

Restricting Access to Parts of worksheet

I have a worksheet in Excel 2003. I have 7 users of this sheet and only want
them to be able to update cells relevant to them. I tried Protection/Allow
Users to edit etc. but any help much appreciated.

steveb

Restricting Access to Parts of worksheet

First you need to select all the cells in the workbook, and format cells,
protection, and uncheck the box marked "locked".
Then select the cells you want locked, and format cells, protection, locked.
Then you can protect your workbook.

Steve