-   -   Hiding Personal.xls Requires Exit Twice (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16186-hiding-personal-xls-requires-exit-twice.html)

Kay

Hiding Personal.xls Requires Exit Twice

Howdy
Hiding Personal.xls causes me to choose File|Exit twice. If I unhide
Personal.xls, choosing File|Exit will exit. Any suggestions?
Smiles
Kay
:-)
Office XP SP-3

Gord Dibben

Kay

The first time you hide Personal.xls and close Excel you should get a request
to Save Personal.xls

Click on the Yes button and you should not see this request next time you
close Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:45:03 -0800, Kay wrote:

Howdy
Hiding Personal.xls causes me to choose File|Exit twice. If I unhide
Personal.xls, choosing File|Exit will exit. Any suggestions?
Smiles
Kay
:-)
Office XP SP-3

Kay

Gordon
Thanks for your response, but I did originally save my changes to
Personal.xls. The prompt is not what I now receive. My issue is that in
order to exit Excel, I need to physically choose File|Exit two times. Any
other ideas on why hiding Personal.xls causes me to choose File|Exit twice?
Smiles
Kay