-   -   normal into Capital letters automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161721-normal-into-capital-letters-automatically.html)

thalia

normal into Capital letters automatically

Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an
excel sheet. Thank you very much!

papou[_2_]

normal into Capital letters automatically

Hello thalia
Not sure about what you want:
How do I enter capital letters?
- Activate CapsLock Key
How do I convert all string values already entered?
- Use a macro:
Sub ChangeIntoCaps()
Dim rg As Range
For Each rg In Range("A1:B10")
If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(rg) Then
rg.Value = UCase(rg)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"thalia" a écrit dans le message de news:
Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an
excel sheet. Thank you very much!

Roger Govier[_3_]

normal into Capital letters automatically

Hi

=UPPER(A1) will return the contents of A1 in Capitals
=LOWER(A1) returns lower case
=PROPER(A1) will capitalise the first letter .of each word
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"thalia" wrote in message
Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an
excel sheet. Thank you very much!

papou[_2_]

normal into Capital letters automatically

Oops sorry: one line is missing in the macro sample:
Sub ChangeIntoCaps()
Dim rg As Range
For Each rg In Range("A1:B10")
If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(rg) Then
rg.Value = UCase(rg)
End If
Next rg
End Sub

Apologies

Cordially
Pascal

"papou" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello thalia
Not sure about what you want:
How do I enter capital letters?
- Activate CapsLock Key
How do I convert all string values already entered?
- Use a macro:
Sub ChangeIntoCaps()
Dim rg As Range
For Each rg In Range("A1:B10")
If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(rg) Then
rg.Value = UCase(rg)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"thalia" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an
excel sheet. Thank you very much!

Gord Dibben

normal into Capital letters automatically

You want it done as you enter the letters?

If Target.Column 2 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

As written Works on column A:B only.

This is event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the code into that sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 04:22:01 -0700, thalia
wrote:

Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an
excel sheet. Thank you very much!

Héctor Miguel

normal into Capital letters automatically

hi, thalia !

Please help me to turn normal letters into CAPITALS automatically, in an excel sheet...

if available, try to change the font for your range/worksheet/workbook/style/...

this fonts shows text un uppercase:
- Castellar
- Engravers MT
- Felix Titling
- Stencil
- Technic (*versalles* type)

this font shows text in lowercase:
- Chick (*condensed & bold* already)

hth,
hector.

Héctor Miguel

normal into Capital letters automatically

hi (again), thalia !

please, disregard font for lowercase (my mistake)
lowercase shows with fonts:
- Freshbot
- Poornut
- Pussycat