-   -   find the last Fred and goto cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161663-find-last-fred-goto-cell.html)

Steved

find the last Fred and goto cell

Hello from Steved

Using the below I want to have a macro that will find the last Fred which in
this case is in Cell A4 and put the cursor there please.

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Thankyou

Don Guillett

find the last Fred and goto cell

Look in the vba help index for FIND and then xlprevious from the bottom up

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

Using the below I want to have a macro that will find the last Fred which
in
this case is in Cell A4 and put the cursor there please.

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Thankyou

Steved

find the last Fred and goto cell

Hello from Steved

How do I ask the below to find the Last "Fred" please

Sub Find()
Cells.Find(What:="Fred", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

End Sub

Thankyou.

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

Using the below I want to have a macro that will find the last Fred which
in
this case is in Cell A4 and put the cursor there please.

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Thankyou

Dave Peterson

find the last Fred and goto cell

Option Explicit
Sub myFind()

Dim FoundCell As Range
With ActiveSheet
With .Range("a:a")
Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(what:="Fred", _
after:=.Cells(1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
lookat:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
searchdirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)
End With
End With

If FoundCell Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Fred wasn't found!"
Else
Application.Goto FoundCell, scroll:=True

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

Using the below I want to have a macro that will find the last Fred which
in
this case is in Cell A4 and put the cursor there please.

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Thankyou

--

Dave Peterson

T. Valko

find the last Fred and goto cell

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Hmmm....that looks familiar!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

Using the below I want to have a macro that will find the last Fred which
in
this case is in Cell A4 and put the cursor there please.

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred
A4...Fred
A5...Lisa

Thankyou

Steved

find the last Fred and goto cell

Hello Biff from Steved

oops! yes I thought I'd use it it to explain what I required

"T. Valko" wrote:

A1...Fred
A2...Biff
A3...Fred