-   -   IF Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161598-if-function.html)

Endugu

IF Function

Not even sure if this is the correct function for what I'm trying to do:
using live data I'm trying to create a function that checks if a certain
value has been touched and in the event that it has (TRUE) it changes the
cell to read e.g. "TRIGGERED".

I know this can be done with the IF Function, however I want the "TRIGGERED"
to remain should the function no longer be true in the future (e.g. if the
value goes back below the trigger after touching it).

Thanks in advance for your help.

eliano

IF Function

Hi Endugu.
If I well understand, try:

If Range("A1").value < "TRIGGERED", then
.... make the test
Else
.... go away
End If

Regards
Eliano

"Endugu" wrote:

Not even sure if this is the correct function for what I'm trying to do:
using live data I'm trying to create a function that checks if a certain
value has been touched and in the event that it has (TRUE) it changes the
cell to read e.g. "TRIGGERED".

I know this can be done with the IF Function, however I want the "TRIGGERED"
to remain should the function no longer be true in the future (e.g. if the
value goes back below the trigger after touching it).

Thanks in advance for your help.

JE McGimpsey

IF Function

This can be easily handled by an event macro, but if you want a
worksheet function solution, one way:

Choose Tools/Options/Calculation and check the Iteration checkbox. To
monitor cell A1:

B1: =IF(B1="Triggered",B1,IF(A1=100,"Triggered",""))