-   -   "Conditional" sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161559-conditional-sum.html)

davor

"Conditional" sum

Please help. I have "input" data like this:

AA BB AA DD CC
8 10 8 8 8
10 10 10 10 8
12 8 7 12 8

Is it possible to have "output" data, summarizing all numbers for AA,
BB, CC... etc., something like this:
AA 55
BB 28
CC 24
DD 30

I have lot's of AA BB CCs and lots of values for them. If there is
some usefull formula please help me!
Thank you in advance!

Sebation

"Conditional" sum

try:
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:C1="AA")*A2:C4)

HTH
Sebation.G
"davor"
roups.com...
Please help. I have "input" data like this:

AA BB AA DD CC
8 10 8 8 8
10 10 10 10 8
12 8 7 12 8

Is it possible to have "output" data, summarizing all numbers for AA,
BB, CC... etc., something like this:
AA 55
BB 28
CC 24
DD 30

I have lot's of AA BB CCs and lots of values for them. If there is
some usefull formula please help me!
Thank you in advance!

Max

"Conditional" sum

Assume source "input" data as posted is within A1:E4,
with top row headers: AA, BB, AA, etc

Assume the headers are listed in G1 down: AA,BB,CC, etc

Put in H1:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH($A$1:$E$1,G1,0))*$A$2:$E$4)
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"davor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Please help. I have "input" data like this:

AA BB AA DD CC
8 10 8 8 8
10 10 10 10 8
12 8 7 12 8

Is it possible to have "output" data, summarizing all numbers for AA,
BB, CC... etc., something like this:
AA 55
BB 28
CC 24
DD 30

I have lot's of AA BB CCs and lots of values for them. If there is
some usefull formula please help me!
Thank you in advance!

davor

"Conditional" sum