-   -   What is the correct formula for IF C5 = Y, then L5 *.06? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161532-what-correct-formula-if-c5-%3D-y-then-l5-%2A-06-a.html)

pegdog

What is the correct formula for IF C5 = Y, then L5 *.06?

Please help me out on this one, I've tried what seems like every combination
of () and " and everything else I can think of! Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom

What is the correct formula for IF C5 = Y, then L5 *.06?

=IF(C5="Y",L5*.06,"")

returns nothing if C5 is not Y

Peo Sjoblom

"pegdog" wrote in message
Please help me out on this one, I've tried what seems like every
combination
of () and " and everything else I can think of! Thanks!

JW[_2_]

On Oct 9, 11:26 pm, pegdog wrote:
Please help me out on this one, I've tried what seems like every combination
of () and " and everything else I can think of! Thanks!

=IF(C5="Y",L5 *0.06,"something else")

pegdog

What is the correct formula for IF C5 = Y, then L5 *.06?

Thanks!! It worked!

"pegdog" wrote:

Please help me out on this one, I've tried what seems like every combination
of () and " and everything else I can think of! Thanks!

pegdog

What is the correct formula for IF C5 = Y, then L5 *.06?

Thanks!, that also helped for the C5 =N part of the problem!