-   -   Needing to rank values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161526-needing-rank-values.html)

THFish

Needing to rank values

I have a 15 employees that are measured in 7 different metrics of their job
function. I need to be able to determine who is performing the best and worst
in each metric and rank my employees. In some of these metrics the largest
value would be considered better while in other metrics the smaller value
would be the best. Any suggestions?

Ex.
Employee Qual Timely Commit Abs
a 2.75 412 97.56% 3.28%
b 4.25 510 95.40% 0%
c 3.25 380 96.78% 1.8%

T. Valko

Needing to rank values

Use the RANK function.

Assume you want to rank values in A1:A10.

For a rank where the higher value is better:

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$10)

For a rank where the lower value is better:

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$10,1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"THFish" wrote in message
I have a 15 employees that are measured in 7 different metrics of their job
function. I need to be able to determine who is performing the best and
worst
in each metric and rank my employees. In some of these metrics the largest
value would be considered better while in other metrics the smaller value
would be the best. Any suggestions?

Ex.
Employee Qual Timely Commit Abs
a 2.75 412 97.56% 3.28%