-   -   Large function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/16127-large-function.html)

Peter B

Large function

I am having a list of dates and prices. I sort the prices in this list by
using the Large function. But i would also like to get the date for that
price. I have thought about using Lookup, but since i have more than one day
with equal price it does not work. Anyone have any suggestions?

05.03.2005 237,3029
05.03.2005 221,2681
05.03.2005 219,5479
05.03.2005 218,0591
05.03.2005 219,1757
05.03.2005 216,9124

--
Peter B
Norway

Bernard Liengme

With dates in A:A and values in B:B, use
=INDEX(A1:A6,MATCH(LARGE(B1:B6,1),B1:B6,0))
to get date corresponding to first largest value
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme