-   -   Search Multiple Worksheets by having user type in information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160977-search-multiple-worksheets-having-user-type-information.html)

Susanne

Search Multiple Worksheets by having user type in information

Does anyone know how to create the following? I have multiple worksheets
with data for numerous calendar years. I want a user to be able to Enter a
"Last name" in a cell, hit enter and have the following results displayed:

1. finds the name or names and directs them to the speciific Worksheet(s)
or
2. does not find that name and leaves the cell blank.

Thank you

Dave Peterson

Search Multiple Worksheets by having user type in information

xl2002 added an option to search through the workbook.

You may want to try Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

It'll work for all versions.

--

Dave Peterson

Susanne

Search Multiple Worksheets by having user type in information

Hello,
I was able to find and use a very simple solution to search all worksheets
within a workbook. The users will be shown how to do this.

For now this is an easy solution.

Searching for a specific name in the Workbook within multiple worksheets:

1. Select Edit, Find
2. Within Find What €“ enter the last name eg.: Smith
3. Change Within cell to €śWorkbook€ť and check €śMatch Case€ť
4. Select Search €śBy Rows€ť
5. Click on Find All
Item is found
If name is not in Workbook, message is displayed advising this.