-   -   2 digit years being converted incorrectly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160794-2-digit-years-being-converted-incorrectly.html)

Fredgus

2 digit years being converted incorrectly

This is a follow-up question. I have a large spreadsheet that was orginally
an Excel 2.1 file. There are about 6,000 dates that needed to be changed
from 2 to 4 digit years. That problem has been addressed. New problem. I
have changed the global setting in Windows so that 2 digit dates are
interpreted as being betwee 1908 and 2007, so 01/01/22 should be January 1,
1922 NOT January 1, 2022 as is the default. If I put a new date into the
spreadsheet it works correctly, but the dates in the spreadsheet are
interpreted according to the default rule . . . any ideas?

JMB

2 digit years being converted incorrectly

One thing you could try is Find/Replace

Find = /
Replace = /

but be sure to back up your data in case the results are not what you need.