-   -   Text function question. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160702-text-function-question.html)

DP7

Text function question.

I have the following text string BR2248JZ91, I want to extract the 7th 8th &
9th values in the text string. In other words JZ9. I cant figure out which
function to use to get that done. If anyone could shed any light on my issue
I would be VERY grateful
Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Text function question.

One way:

=MID(A1,7,3)

In article ,
DP7 wrote:

I have the following text string BR2248JZ91, I want to extract the 7th 8th &
9th values in the text string. In other words JZ9. I cant figure out which
function to use to get that done. If anyone could shed any light on my issue
I would be VERY grateful
Thanks

T. Valko

Text function question.

Try this.

=MID(A1,7,3)

Whe

A1 = string
7 = 7th character, starting position of the first character you want to
extract.
3 = number of characters to extract

--
Biff