-   -   If Formula question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160592-if-formula-question.html)

Steve_Dallas[_2_]

If Formula question

I am trying to discover a formula that when any selection is made from a data
validation list, then the amount from another sheet's cell is calculated (as
an added expense)

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Max

If Formula question

Maybe this will give you a measure on the possibilities ..

In Sheet1,

You have a DV in A1 which allows the selection of various text, eg:

AddExp1
AddExp2
etc

Then you could have in B1 something like this:
=IF(A1="AddExp1",Sheet2!B1*10,IF(A1="AddExp2",Shee t2!B1*20,""))

B1 will return the amt in Sheet2!B1 multiplied by a factor of 10 or 20,
depending on the DV selection made in A1
--
Max
Singapore