-   -   search tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160558-search-tabs.html)

lilianld

search tabs

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to do the follwoing using functions or I
need to use VBA:
SEARCH all the THE TABS in the active Workbook THAT CONTAINS A CERTAIN
TEXT/NUMBERS AND RETREIVE DATA FROM A CERTAIN CELL IN THAT SHEET?

Thanks in advance

lilianld

search tabs

Hi,

I am sorry; probably I did not express myself clear enough to get an answer
to my question. I will try to explain it one more time. What I really meant
is that I need to find a formula that will search trough worksheet names and
if it matches a certain criteria then to get the cell info from that sheet.
Example: I have 4 sheets: a(123456), b(654321), c(345651), d(454654)
On the fourth sheet (d) I have the following:
A B C D E
= need formula 123456
654321
What I need is the formula in the column A that will look trough all
worksheet names in the same Workbooks and if it find the text from the B
column (ex: 123456) then retrieve cell L15 from that worksheet ((a) in this
case).

Thanks